Sunday, March 22, 2009

So Yeah

I have to admit, that life is so much more fun for me, now that I'm not such a hardcore blogger. I've seen the light and now enjoy the boys experiences, rather than sticking a camera in their faces all the time trying to capture them. I think I might even be a better Dah for it :o)

So yeah, what have we been up too? Well, I finally got to run the big race, which I've been training 20-weeks for. The 2009 Six Foot Track race took place on Saturday 14th March and I lined up with about 850 runners, to run the 45ks from Katoomba to Jenolan. I have an injured ankle/knee/hip thing, which I knew would give out at some stage, but didn't know that it would be so early on at 12k. This meant that I had to struggle the remaining 33k on one-leg. It wasn't too bad, as I knew it would happen. My finishing time was a sad 06:36, but I finished and as you can see by the photo below, I was VERY happy :o)


The day after my race, we all drove down to Canberra, as Ade had a conference. Rather than stay at home for three-days with the boys, we decided that it would be a fun break for us. We visited The Australian Museum, which was OK, but had the best fun at The Discovery Centre, which was way smaller, but so much more fun for little people. CSIRO is a Government run Industrial Research Institute, with the Discovery Centre added onto the side of the complex. It was very much Jarvis thing, as he got to perform many experiments, and like our local Powerhouse Museum, had plenty of hands on exhibits. The biggest buzz for Jarvis though, was being able to see actual, real, live Scientists at work. He even had a mad Professor afro hairstyle for the day.



I celebrated my 43rd Birthday on Thursday, however my good friends Belinda and Emma caught me out with a surprise birthday cake and present the day before at morning tea. We all meet up at a cafe before Music Class, which is where they totally caught me off guard with my cake, a chorus of Happy Birthday and a wonderful chocolate cake. I was both touched and surprised.



As you can see by the picture below, Emma was feeling very proud of herself for catching me out and making me blush!



And look at the 'Who Me' look on Belinda's face :o)



Adrienne is such a wonderful Partner, as she now takes the boys for trips out on Saturday mornings, so that I can have some Lee Time at home. On Saturday Ade took the boys to The City farm out West, which the boys just love. As expected, they all had a wonderful time feeding and playing with the wee animals, going for tractor rides and watching the Cowboy doing tricks with his whip. Jarvis even got to milk a cow, something his Olds have never done, so we are most impressed.



Felix really enjoyed feeding the baby animals.



Our Cowboy Jarvis.



Lee

5 comments:

  1. what's with your hair Lee? Is that a cool look for Sydney?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure, it's just a style that I wanted to go for. I'm bored of it now, so looking for something new. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ran 45kms?!! I am in awe - hopefully after this baby is born I can get back into running, but I was never such a distance runner as yourself! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good on you for thinking about getting back to running. It keeps me sane and sore!
    I'm actually planning ahead for a 100k race later in the year. Insane or what?
    Love to your whanau, Lee x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hair... short and funky maybe??? I think that would look good on you Lee.

    ReplyDelete